Welcome to the Brian Tracy 3 Day Weekend Event Recap Notes Part 1!
This powerful 3 day event was extra special for me, not for the least of reasons, it was the 20 year anniversary of the Success Mastery Academy. A 2 day event Brian Tracy and I co-created in 1996 and did all over the country.
Also I was able to invite some really special long time friends including Darren Hardy, Ron White, Vic Johnson to speak and be a part of the event, along with many amazing Lessons From Network Contributors and Kyle Wilson Inner Circle Members, who are world class in their industries (sports, music, entertainment, marketing, writing, leadership, etc) to share their ideas and stories.
Having almost every speaker stick around for the entire 3 days and connect with all the attendees was extremely rare indeed.
I’m going to break this recap into 3 parts (and maybe more as I keep receiving Golden nuggets from so many attendees). In fact, the response in the post event comments were some of the best I’ve ever received from any event that I’ve promoted, including so many powerful Jim Rohn 2 and 3 day events I put on over the years.
In addition to the highlights from all of our speakers, I will also include some insights from the event promotion side. There is a lot that goes into putting on and marketing an event like this. So I hope to share some things you will find to be of value.
By the way, the majority of ideas are coming directly from attendees sharing their insights with me in our private event Facebook Group as well as a discussion at my recent Inner Circle meetings (the majority of which attended the event).
Here we go. Again, just a small sampling of key ideas shared over the 3 days by Brian Tracy, Darren Hardy and more.
– Write down your top 10 goals EVERY NIGHT! This act alone will help your subconscience mind look for solutions and attract the desired goals. Rewriting is a discipline that pays major dividends.
– When you wake up each morning ask, “What is my greatest challenge?”… then turn that into an Empowering Question. If it is.. “I need to recruit more people”… change it to … “How do I recruit more people?”… “I need better associations”…change to …”How do I get around better associations”?
– When you ask a question related to solving a challenge… write down 20 potential solutions. The first 5 or 10 are probably obvious to you. But it is the last 10 and especially the last 3-5 that force you to think outside the box and get creative. Often times that is where many of our best ideas come from.
– The future belongs to the askers. You need to ask, if you want to receive and achieve in life. Ask politely, ask curiously and ask repeatedly.
– Failure requires no effort, if you don’t decide to be excellent, by default you become mediocre.
– Zero based thinking: ask yourself this powerful question. “If I knew then what I know now would I still do it?” Knowing what I now know .. would you still do it is a powerful question. And then based on the answer, take action.
– Ingrain in your kids your belief that they are good and full of amazing potential and they will impact the world in a great way! Tell your kids “You’re the best!” “You’re going to be the best success ever!!” “You are amazing!” “You are doing amazing things!”
– By studying up to 2 hours per day, 5 days a week you can be a master of any skill!
more Brian Tracy in Pt 2
– Of all of the 50 things that a realtor (for example) needs to do, pick the top 3 that you need to do on a regular and consistent basis and focus the majority of your time on that.
– What is your give up list? Most people keep adding to their list instead of thinning it down.
– Focus for 90 minute chunks of undivided time on the One Thing to get more accomplished. Turn off all alerts and shut off the phone during this time.
– Since age 21 Darren has taken 10% of his income and invested it in his own self-development.
more Darren Hardy in Pt 2
Erika De La Cruz
– 90% of the people feel on some level they are a fraud. They fear being found out. We all struggle with this. It is what keeps so many from truly stepping up and sharing their message with the world.
– Assume your throne! It is time to claim what you have accomplished and tell your story. No more downplaying or hiding from your successes.
more Erika in Pt 2
– If you want to have celebrity authority you must BUILD AN AUDIENCE! Ultimately its about traffic, prospects, customers and then fans.
– Having a book is one of the best ways to leverage your story, brand and celebrity authority.
more Vic in Pt 2
Again, so much more to share from Brian, Darren, Erika, Vic and also Ron White, Tom Ziglar, Delatorro McNeil, Kim Somers Egelsee, Donna Krech, and many more!! A lot of talent and so many key ideas were shared, including a special tribute (by Larry Thompson and myself) to my mentor and 18 year business partner, Jim Rohn. I will be sharing more key ideas on all in part 2 (look for it in a few days).
Also I will be adding some videos along the way.
Of course, nothing replaces being at the event, with the people. Its an experience and lives are changed. But I do hope these notes are helpful for you!
PS – I want to invite you to ask questions that come up and I will potentially include in a future email with an answer. Also, if you attended the event please share some key insights you received as well. Simply reply to this email or email email@example.com
Founder LessonsFromNetwork.com, Jim Rohn International (JimRohn.com), YourSuccessStore.com and KyleWilson.com