Hello, I’m Kyle Wilson and the founder of Jim Rohn.com, Your SuccessStore.com, KyleWilson.com and LessonsFromExperts.com.
I would like to take a few minutes and share with you what I believe are the 3 biggest challenges entrepreneurs, small business owners, people in direct sales and speakers/experts are currently facing today in business. But I won’t leave you stuck there because I’ll share how to not only overcome these 3 major challenges but also how to excel and take your sales and marketing to a whole new level of results.
So what are the 3 biggest challenges entrepreneurs, small business owners, people in direct sales face today?
1) Creating more revenue (the last few years many are working harder than ever before yet revenues are staying the same or many cases have been shrinking)
2) Reaching more people (without breaking the bank in marketing and customer acquisition costs)
3) Staying ahead of the competition! (Here’s the reality in today’s world… If you’re not staying ahead of your competition that means more than likely you are being out sold and out marketed by your competition and they are reaching the very prospects you need to be reaching)
So what are the solutions?
I truly believe the most energy and cost efficient, results-oriented way to create more revenue, reach more people and stay ahead of your competition is by improving your online marketing skills and strategies. Hands down!!!
And I’m pretty sure after I walk you through this 10-point audit system you will agree with me!
Now just for background, I mentioned earlier I’m the founder of JRI and YSS and multiple other businesses. Also I’m the author of Chicken Soup for the Entrepreneur’s Soul and 52 Lessons I Learned From Jim Rohn and Other Great Legends I Promoted!, where I share stories and lessons I learned from working directly with legends like Harvey Mackay, Brian Tracy, Mark Victor Hansen, Les Brown, Zig Ziglar, Og Mandino, Jay Abraham, Dan Kennedy, Denis Waitley and many others including, of course, my mentor and great friend, Jim Rohn.
I share this to not impress you but to impress upon you that what I’m about to share with you is how I took a brick-and-mortar seminar business and turned it into a multi-million dollar online business. I was able to build a 1 million plus email list through multiple publications, create hundreds of intellectual products (over 100 digital products, everything from ebooks to high-end training programs), able to work with over 1,000 joint venture and affiliate partners, and collaborate with some of top speakers, authors and thought leaders in the world.
So I’m going to walk you through the 10 questions I had to answer to take my businesses to the next level and the same questions I run every coaching and consulting client through to help take their revenues and businesses to the next level.
Now, as I walk you through these 10 questions go ahead and grade yourself on a scale of 1 -10 of where you currently rank in each of the following areas.
1. Have you identified your brand, core competencies and unique selling proposition? If you got more clear about your brand, your core competencies, your mental capital, and your USP would this help you increase revenue, reach more people, stay ahead of competition? HINT: This one area is really under-rated.
2. Do you know who your target customer is? Why they buy? And how to more effectively reach them? What motivates them to buy from you?
3. How does your website design/functionality rate? Are you getting the results you want from your website and in particular from theses 3 core areas: Content (communicating valuable content to your target prospects and buyers, as well as driving SEO), Customer acquisition (strategic placement of opt-in opportunities) and Selling (how well are you marketing your products and services online). And you’re not just limited to these 3 areas. I recently wrote a blog listing 15 areas you can improve your business and marketing results specifically by strategically utilizing your website better.
4. How are your list building strategies (opt-in, squeeze pages, free reports or viral marketing tools)? I know I used over a dozen different strategies to build the million plus list I had through the multiple publications we had. Next to your bank account your list is the most valuable asset your business has.
5. How effectively do you communicate relevant, valuable content through your website, newsletters, blogs and SOCIAL MEDIA? Are you strong in one area and weak in another? They each have different purposes and prospecting opportunities. Now some people say, I just don’t have time to write articles and blogs. But my answer to that is there are streamlined ways to effectively broadcast and communicate through multiple channels. Are you doing that?
6. How much traffic is generated to your site through search engine optimization and other free social strategies? What I mean is how easily are your target customers finding you, your business or your products and services through search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing?
The reality is you can reach your target prospect much, much cheaper and more efficiently through online marketing means than you can through any traditional advertising model. So this one is big factor to both your top and bottom line.
Oh, and SEO is changing drastically right now! What worked 2 or 3 years ago may actually be working against you today.
7. Are you acquiring new customers through a strategic sales process? Do you have strategic processes in place when you are marketing your products and services? We all know that once the sale is made that is when the real work begins. Do you have the awareness, philosophy, customer service and strategy in place to take a customer and turn them into a fan? That is what companies and brands like Apple, Harley-Davidson, Nordstroms and Starbucks have done. But the process doesn’t stop there. Once you have a fan do you have a strategy in place to turn those fans into advocates? That’s what we did with the Jim Rohn quote booklets (selling 6 million plus). We created a viral tool that our fans could buy in 10s, 100s and 1000s to give away! That is the ultimate outcome you want in your strategic sales process.
8. Do you have an effective 24/7 eCommerce solution comprised of a reliable and flexible shopping cart, affiliate program and sales pages? Without these in place your business expanding exponentially is really difficult.
Let me ask you this? How much research do you do online when wanting to make before making a buying decision? It’s almost always where I start. So are you being as proactive in making your services and products available 24/7 online as you personally would want if you were the customer? And here’s the next level to that question: are you being as aggressive in making your services and products available 24/7 online as your competition? Don’t let your current comfort zone of today keep you from building the enterprise you want for tomorrow. I always think about the famous Wayne Gretzky quote: “Most people skate to where the puck is and I skate to where it’s going to be.” Are you doing that with your enterprise?
9. Have you created online offers for your products and services like ebooks, training programs, high-end coaching and consulting, membership sites? This applies to everybody. I know professionals – doctors, attorneys, financial services, small business owners and entrepreneurs who are successfully using everything from ebooks to high-end training programs to create
revenue (without trading time for money) as well as lead generation tools to add people to their funnel.
10. Are you STRATEGIC in your overall online market game plan? A lot of us get caught in this trap of thinking that everything works. Often times it’s true, but some things work so little you have to make sure you are not wasting time doing the minor things versus focusing on the majors.
When you look at your
marketing efforts be sure to focus on the half dozen things that will make the most difference.
Ok, so those are the 10 questions that I take any entrepreneur, small business owner or someone in direct sale through to get the fastest, most efficient results in increasing revenue, reaching more people with your products and services and staying ahead of your competition. If you’re like me you probably see where you can and want to improve in all 10 areas.
But let’s take a minute and drill down a little more… Are there 2, 3 or 4 area’s that really stand out to you that you can say, “absolutely, I can improve?” If so then let me ask you this: if you were able to take 1 or 2 of those areas and increase a few points, lets say from 3 to 6, or 5 to 8 or even 1 to 5 or more, could that then have a significant impact on your business’s bottom line and revenues? Would it help you not only stay up with the competition, but get ahead and most importantly stay ahead of your competition?
That is great question to ask!
As I stated earlier I believe the most energy and cost efficient, results-oriented way to create more revenue, reach more people and stay ahead of your competition is by improving your online marketing skills and strategies!
Have you noticed that all 10 of these questions get down to Online Marketing? Are you ready to take the leap?
Invest the time to get the skills and systems.
Because this is such a glaring area of need for so many small business owners and entrepreneurs in the marketplace, I recently completed a project with my friend Tony Teegarden addressing this exact need. Tony and I took the 10 audit questions I asked and applied myself while building JRI and YSS into multi-million dollar enterprises and that I take all my coaching and consulting clients through and we worked on a 6-week solution solving all facets of these questions.
With the Online Marketing Mentor Program (for about a $1 a day – seriously) you can have all the tools and solutions (plus mentoring) for your online marketing challenges.
In this program, Tony and I share the step-by-step marketing and technology solutions to serve you in accomplishing breakthroughs in all 10 of the questions I covered above.
This special offer is available for a limited time. For only a $1 a day I encourage you to take the time and invest in the skills and strategies that will pay you back 10x, 100x and a 1000x fold over the coming year(s).
Sign-up today at http://kylewilson.com/online-marketing-mentor/
To your better future,
The OMMP contains over 50 videos and workbooks of training, strategies and how to’s. Because we believe in and know this program works, we also offer a 30-day 100% money back guarantee. Click here to get started today.