Speed Bumps Keep Out the Tourist
Yes, it’s true. Whether it’s fitness, money management, career, relationships etc, challenges, obstacles and even failures often cause us to take a u-turn and head the opposite direction, or at least make an abrupt stop.
But in reality, obstacles, challenges and mistakes can serve as fuel to help us reach our goals and go further and higher than ever envisioned.
Here are just a few of the reasons why:
– They challenge your commitment and serve as a mirror to how serious you really are. If you are only 80% committed and things are good, then no worries, but when the winds of life blow, that is when you truly find out where your passion and commitment are.
– They show us areas we need to improve. Sports for me is a great example for us all to see the truth. It’s easy to watch a game and call out the players and coaches for all their mistakes. Yet, in our own lives we often are far less perfect, prepared or disciplined. Also, in competitive sports you often get punished for your glaring weaknesses. Yet that is not always as tangibly recognized in our own everyday lives. So if you are really paying attention, you will see how challenges and setbacks can help you spot areas that you can improve and grow in.
– They help us learn. At the 2004 Jim Rohn three-day event I hosted, one of the speakers was Vic Johnson. Vic shared that the very mistakes and failures he had experienced 10 years earlier were the very things that now make him six and seven figures. He used those mistakes and failures to learn and grow. Your failures and mistakes can be the best teachers that will yield amazing results.
– They give us wisdom so we can help and serve others. Every lesson and circumstance you have encountered give you greater empathy and understanding for others who may be going through those same challenges. How powerful to be able to provide the gift of listening, understanding and perspective to others during tough times.
– They give us contrast so we can appreciate all the positives in our lives. Without sadness or sickness or cloudy days we would absolutely not be able to appreciate all the happiness, health and sunshine there is. Gratitude plays a big role in being able to grow and have more!
Speed bumps do give us pause and reason to slow down and observe, but should not be stop signs. But rather a great perspective that the path you are on is intended to make you Great and Achieve Your Life Purpose.
To your success,
Founder LessonsFromNetwork.com, Jim Rohn International (JimRohn.com) and YourSuccessStore. Co-Author of Chicken Soup for the Entrepreneur’s Soul and 52 Lessons I Learned From Jim Rohn and Other Legends I Promoted.
Stay connected with Kyle through Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram. Plus access bonuses interviews and downloads – Click Here